Foamed polyethylene, known as PE, is a thermoplastic closed-cell material used in various branches of industries.
As a closed-cell material, it is constituted of a large number of closed cells which are mutually contiguous but not linked up. Polyethylene has the advantages of excellent chemical resistance. Closed-cell polyethylene is light, elastic, water absorbent and highly floatable material, resistant to most solvents and chemical.
Properties of Polyethylene:
- Low Mass and Density
- High Elasticity and Strength
- Good Resistance to Acids and Chemicals
- Water Resistant
- High Floatability
- Constant Cross and Longitudinal Tensile Strength
- Good Wear Resistance
- Environmental-Friendly and Recycable
- Hygienic Conformable and Environmentally Clean
- Construction, automotive and packaging industry
- Acoustic and Thermal Insulator
- Vibration Damping
- Packaging and Sensitive to Electrical Conductivity Items
- Far Most Used Packaging Material
- Floating Items
Double-Sided Adhesive Tapes
Types of polyethylene foam:
Polipen/SP is a cross linked closed-cell polyethylene foam.
Polipen/RS is self-adhesive physically cross linked closed-cell polyethylene (PE) foam.
Polipen/FR is a flame-retardant physically cross linked closed-cell polyethylene foam.
Polipen/OPC is a cross linked open-cell polyethylene foam.